+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 20' Blackman on CL

Default 20' Blackman on CL

Hey everyone I was directed here from Bloodydecks. I am considering purchasing a 20' Blackman (link below). I haven't seen any other 20s that are this layout and the owner said it was a one off prototype. I am possibly going to make the trip up there next week but I'm not very familiar with these boats. Anything in particular I need to keep an eye out for? Any other info would be greatly appreciated as well.

https://monterey.craigslist.org/boa/...025132006.html

That's a nice looking boat, but I don't think it's a Blackman. I thought the 20's were made in the 70's into the early 80's and the bow doesn't come up like the others I've seen.
    NoSlack-------------------------------------------<'(((>{

Quote Originally Posted by NoSlack View Post
    That's a nice looking boat, but I don't think it's a Blackman. I thought the 20's were made in the 70's into the early 80's and the bow doesn't come up like the others I've seen.
    Thats what I was suspecting, I was trying to compare some other features on the boat like the lines of the transom etc.... to other pictures online but I just can't tell. The owner said this is an 87 and that it was one of the sons that made this boat. Some people thought it was maybe a seaway too. I just have too many unanswered questions to drive five hours to look at it. Thanks for the insight.

The Boat's serial number should be stamped on the rear starboard side of the transom, if it starts with the letters BDB its a 20' Blackman skiff. The serial (Hull) number should also be on the registration and Pink Slip just ask the owner. After seeing the link, that's no Blackman! At least not an 87. 1967 maybe ? Don & Shirley only had 1 son and 1 daughter And Steve never built anything by himself.
    Last edited by DOGHOUSE26; 12-26-2019 at 10:22 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information