+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can't fish, do maintanence

Hybrid View

Been doing the same thing here .lots of stuff done . Injectors, intercooler and all cooling system gone thru ,exhaust elbow. New props new bottom paint ( thanks jeff for use of stands ). Refinished all the teak . Fixed all the broken snaps on the covers . Cleaned out all the tackle and drawers inside. Replaced all zincs .probably missed a few things. Hope this ends soon for all of us. Stay safe my friends.

Doing all the work myself(except for the welding) helps keep the cost down. Parts cost is always the big UN-known when you're looking for stuff that hasn't been in production for almost 40 years. I search ebay regularly for part that I might need someday. If the price is right, I'll pick it up and add it to the spares pile. I'll be about $1500 into it when I get her all back together.
    NoSlack-------------------------------------------<'(((>{

Parts are coming in. The flywheel cover I found was a two piece used on a TAMD to adapt it to an outdrive. I had to press out the 26 spline shaft and install my 10 spline with new bearings and seal.

The new exhaust tube came in and also got installed.

I made a jig with the new tube so I could see how much was missing off the old tube just in case I need to repair the old one.

I'm only waiting on my Bro in-law to repair my swim step brackets, then Ill be ready to slide the engine back in.
    NoSlack-------------------------------------------<'(((>{

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information