+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Straight shaft

Default Straight shaft

Does anybody have a black man with a straight shaft I have an outer banks with a TAMD 41B and a straight shaft and I’m thinking about changing the rudder and everybody tells me my rudder is too small and it is a little Squirrley at slow speedsClick image for larger version

Name:	2DA8150F-D19C-4C9C-84E5-D45D6033D69F.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	7.0 KB
ID:	261

If you're getting squirrely going downswell it aint the rudder. What are the conditions you have when you have the problem? Direction, RPMs, wind, swell, ETC
    Last edited by DOGHOUSE26; 04-30-2022 at 03:39 PM.

Sorry I haven’t been on here in a while my boat is kind of Squirrley around the docks at Low Speed
    I have to come in faster than I would like to maintain maneuverability

You have a single engine shaft drive boat; they are very difficult to manuver around a dock. Its not like an outdrive or twin engine boat you can direct and turn on a dime. You'll have to learn to use short bursts in forward then short bursts in reverse to get your boat to turn into the slip. Or get aBow Thruster installed.

It’s a speed thing for me I due pretty good I would just like to be able to go a little slower if I slow down I lose a lot of maneuverability
    I am thinking that the rudder should be bigger say the bottom of the rudder and the bottom of the prop being the same

most blackmans are a bit squirrely at low speeds, I find that putting the trim tabs all the way down helps with this. when cruising in no wake zones.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information