+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Auction Feature??

Lightbulb Auction Feature??

I have been doing a little investigating into Auction software. I have several rods and reels I no longer use and was thinking of putting them on E Bay. Then I thought maybe there would be some interest in having our own auction section for fishing gear and boat equipment. Just a thought, let me know if it interests you.

Charlie
    Charlie
    NOMAD

Default Auction vs. ?

Heh, just put em on a buy/sell/trade board here. We'd be happy to buy some gear for a steal

I don't bid/auction against people I know. Ebay is fine, ruthless no-named people someplace in the world. Bidding against people I know, just makes me not bid. Just my opinion.
    Glenn (Wizard)
    "The Reel One"
    26' Billfisher

Smile Inaugural Auction ?

I think we ought to start out with Time Out's slip;the question is daily or monthly rate!

sbsrf Guest

I don't know if I like the bidding thing but I'm going to have some residule gear to spread out when I cross over. Like the Para-tech Sea Anchor I had sized to a Billfisher, at least 10 good rigs( I gotta keep 5, I hope to max out at 9 kts, trolling is 6-8 right?). A large 4 hoop floating live bait pen, two never mounted downriggers etc... Unless someone wants to purchase a fully loaded Fishmachine? Sorry Charlie, not trying to take advantage, I am ready to pay to post. I just get carried away when I think about what I'm about to do. I know the minute after I let her go I'm gonna throw a fit and buy her back for more? Change is never pleasant is it?

No worries Steve. The Auction feature isn't to raise money, only to provide an outlet for guys like me (you?) that have stuff to get rid of. I would rather sell it to BOCA members that can use it than to E Bay strangers. But whatever is preferred. How much on the sea anchor, I might be your first buyer!
    Charlie
    NOMAD

How much for the Sea-Anchor? I open the bid at 'dirt-cheap'! haha

Been looking for one.
    Glenn (Wizard)
    "The Reel One"
    26' Billfisher

Hey, back off...what do you think this is E Bay or something
    Charlie
    NOMAD

sbsrf Guest

Glen, I don't play favorites, but Charlie was first, and his offer is final. The man deserves a break and an A for major effort. The Para-anchor was purchased as a last resort survival item. I think I read too many lost at sea survival books. Anyway Charlie its yours. No biding.

sbsrf Guest

Also if anyone is interested, I had a custom surfboard/kayak arch made for Grebe. It mounts in place of a cockpit bimini. It works well and looks sweet. I feel like I'm whoreing my baby. I'm done.

Heh, I didn't see where Nomad wanted the Sea-Anchor. Appears I've been outbid.
    Glenn (Wizard)
    "The Reel One"
    26' Billfisher

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information