+ Reply to Thread

Thread: California Roll

Default California Roll

Start out with a tender sweet baby yellowfin.

The rest of the ingredients you will need to go to the store for. Seaweed wraps, avocado, roasted peppers, wasabi, Calrose Rice (not Minute made) and a rolling mat. Prepare the rice ahead of time and allow it to cool before you start.

Place some rice in the middle of the mat then add the rest of the fixings. I like to smear a little wasabi in at this time for that little extra kick.

After rolling you will need a very sharp knife to slice the rolls. It also helps if you keep the knife blade wet so the rice won't stick to it.

Mix up some wasabi and a bowl of Mr. Yoshida's gourmet teriyaki sauce and lunch is served. With the rice cooked the night before, this would be a snap to through together out on the water.

Chef Mike
    Last edited by NoSlack; 01-12-2019 at 12:04 PM.
    NoSlack-------------------------------------------<'(((>{

Mike,

I'll bet your wife is a happy woman. I made the same for mine and her friend and her friend asked if I could use two wives. She also added that the bedroom portion of the marriage would not be included. Oh well!
    Have you tried to roll the sushi with the rice on the outside of the roll like the sushi bars sometimes do? I have and it's alot harder to do and not worth the frustration.

Thanks for making me hungry,
    Scott

No one at the house will touch the stuff except me. Been doing my best to shovel as much as I can down the throat this week before it goes bad.

Mike
    NoSlack-------------------------------------------<'(((>{

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information