+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: List to Starboard

I think the porcelin throne might be the culprit !

chrisc Guest

Default Starboard list

Casey,

With respect, you probably want the boat listing to starboard at the dock. I have mine set up this way on purpose so that when underway the boat is level (people store their tackle under the port side galley table, as well as themselves in the seats).

Re: adding extra dead weight - it would be a shame to have to do it. My 26' Yanmar inboard has something like 180 lbs. of lead at the transom to provide proper trim when the fuel tank is low, and I choke every time I think about the fuel I waste because of it. /chris

Casey Guest

Quote Originally Posted by chrisc
    Casey,

With respect, you probably want the boat listing to starboard at the dock. I have mine set up this way on purpose so that when underway the boat is level (people store their tackle under the port side galley table, as well as themselves in the seats).

Re: adding extra dead weight - it would be a shame to have to do it. My 26' Yanmar inboard has something like 180 lbs. of lead at the transom to provide proper trim when the fuel tank is low, and I choke every time I think about the fuel I waste because of it. /chris
    Good point! One of my boating buddies is "MUCHO GRANDE" and tends to park himself at the table untill we get where we are going. I'm sure this whole thing is not serious it's just bugged me for years.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information