+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Winter Project

Hi, What kind of vinyl did you use to seal the piano hinge? I used the 1" foam rubber from H.D. and I agree that it does help a little. I think you can use M.E.K. to remove the adhesive left after removing the hatch tape. If the board is not aware of a good hardware site, try McMaster Carr. It has everything.
    Yhanks, Bob

No I didn't put a vinyl insulation on the hinge.
    I (Blackman) use a cheap vinyl used for upholstery. I bought some to upholster my seat and bought some long enough for the hinges. When you remove the hinge lay the vinyl between the hinge and the floor and the hinge and the hatch. I passed a needle through the hole on the hinge and then put the screws in. The vinyl makes like a small gutter that carries the water down to the gutter on the floor.
    I think I'll send NOSLACK a picture so he can post it for me.
    As soon as it stops raining.
    Hijole

Pepe,

Are you really out of the water? I didn't see the Hijole in the slip over the weekend walking to the ramp for maintenence.

In August I had the white gunk in the oil of the OD. After 2500 hours of service with out any work inside I took it apart and John replaced the inards. The seals had worn a grove in the ss shaft so the expencive stuff had to be replaced. I have enjoyed working on alot of the goodies at home while on vaction. The Miller Lite is my only expense.
    Hijole

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information