After one of my recent runs for the big squirts my motor started to bog down. Popped the hood and saw my lift pump pulling more vacuum than I thought it could against my primary racor, 20 inches of mercury. Thought to myself no problem I've got two spares. Slapped one in and away I go...... for about 1 mile and my rpms start dropping again. This got me worried so I made a u turn back to the jetties and dropped it down to 6 knots hoping to stretch out the distance I could travel before the filter plugged again. Two miles later the motor just conked. With 5 miles to go to the jetties and only getting 3 miles out of the last filter it was looking to be a really long night. Gave my last filter a kiss and said a prayer and started off at 6 knots. That lasted for about a half a mile and the rpms dropped to 3.5 - 4 knots and the motor wasn't happy. I couldn't believe I made it all the way back to the ramp like that but I did.

The next day I put in what I estimate was a shock dose of the valvetech fuel additive for "dispersing algae" and bought a case of primary filters for my racor since I figured I would be going through more than a few before I got my fuel cleared up. A week later I took Old Blue out again. I changed the filter before launch and made sure my case of spares was onboard and the anchor was handy. I was shocked to find out that my entire trip I didn't have to change the filter once and at full cruise I'm pulling zero vacuum on the primary. I expected that the additive would help but can hardly believe that it took the fuel from a condition where less than one gallon would plug the filter to completely dissolving all of the algae in the tank. WOW I love it when something goes right! . If your thinking of having your tank polished because of algae, I would definately give this stuff a try.

Brian on Old Blue, out.