+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Here you go Moofish

Default Here you go Moofish

I can smell the french fries now!! Richard, I think you should do this. It's low tech and completely doable. Just need a source of used vegetable oil. Sounds like most resaurants would be happy to give it to you for free.

http://www.makebiodiesel.com/home/home.asp

Brian on Old Blue out.

Maybe if the in-laws had a fish and chip joint. The methanol and lye makes a nasty compound--poisonous in a variety of ways. I was thinking in terms of a tank,now and then, to keep the fuel system polished. Who knows??? Maybe it's all snake oil.....

When's the BBQ???

RT

There's a station in San Diego that sells that stuff for more than regular diesel. However it says "Not For Volkswagons".

Default I don't think it's snake oil..

Too many credible folks have looked into it. I think it was the Stanadyne folks who did the lubricity testing that showed 2% mix in regular fuel restored lube properties of the fuel. Sounds like running 100% is fine in addition to making the motor run smoother etc. It sounds like it does keep the tank etc nice and clean but I gotta admit, it was the 60 - 70 cents a gallon that was catching my eye . I didn't know that the glycerin byproduct was biodegradable. My boss said that the trash collection trucks in his community are running this stuff at 20%. Don't know whats up with the volkswagon diesels, maybe they have sensors or electronics that its unfriendly towards.

I did this at work a few years back with an algal DHA rich oil and the process is simple and straight forward, wish I would of known I could have put the results in my tank.

Brian on Old Blue out.

Heck with the French fries.
    Noslack and El Patron can deep fry the next fish and lobster tacos in it. We can siphon off the juice from J-dock.
    Hijole

Default Sounds good...

I'll bring the lye, who's bringing the methyl alcohol?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information