Well damn. Pulled the boat out of the water yesterday, power washed the bottom, and pulled the props off to regrease and install new zinc. Found fishing line melted into the small shaft seal, even with using line cutters. But my dilemna is, I pulled out what looks like part of the seal all wrapped up in fishing line, but behind it looks like a perfectly good seal still in place. Is the seal protected with an outer plastic ring subseal or something that I pulled out? Drained the oil, and I don't think I see any water.

Parts diagrams aren't clear, but they do say seal 'kit', implying more then one part. Is pulling that seal easy enough with a hook puller and pressing in a new one with a correct size piece of PVC or something? Or should I take it in to Blackman's?

Last question/comment. I put a lot of time into primer and outdrive paint (also tabs) last fall. Used Alumaspray. Stuff sucks. Didn't deter growth worth a sheeeet. How did that Trinidad spray hold up on Nomad? Any recommended brands that work?