+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LOOKING FOR 23'

Default LOOKING FOR 23'

Does anybody know where there is a 23' blackman diesel powered with low hrs for sale?? I would prefer an albacore special with tower, but I would also consider a nice outerbanks or billfisher model. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

There is a 1978 23' albcore special for sale in Spring Valley.

http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/8/3/78957683.htm

Mike
    NoSlack-------------------------------------------<'(((>{

There is a Blue 23' Billfisher @ Blackman's Yard for sale.

Steve Blackman 619 266 8013

Thanks guys , I am aware of the two boats! The one at Blackmans looks really nice, but I really dont want twin inboard gas motors. Although I have heard they are pretty economical! The one in Spring Valley also looks nice, but I was trying to find one with a tower and a few more goodies. Know of any others??

THANKS AGAIN

Lightbulb 23 Dreamboat

Maybe you can find an Edsel to pull it with too!
    Last edited by DOGHOUSE26; 04-26-2005 at 04:40 PM.

Offer the guy a few bucks less and have my bro in-law build a tower with the money you saved.

It's going to be hard to find a cherried out 23'. Your best bet is to find a solid hull and engine for the right price and outfit it the way you want.

Mike

Great idea Doghouse, is that what you tow yours with If so you might be better off with a team of mules

NoSlack, what would you Brother in law charge to do a tower? What kind of material and time frame would you be looking at??

Thanks

Dan can work it up in stainless or aluminum, but prefers stainless. The stainless will match the rest of the boat rails and be a lot stronger.

Time frame, I would think he could knock it out in a week to 10 days if you catch him at a slow time.

Price, a wild guess of $3000 would get you started. When I get work done with Dan, I pay for material, do some electrical work around the shop, let his sister spend all my money, then we call it even.

Mike

DanFab
    619 477-1145

Default NUMBER 1 DREAMBOATER

Thanks Mike!! Yeah I had a cherried out Albacore special and sold it about 7 yrs ago. I have bought and sold several boats since then, but nothings been the same. I should have never done it and I have been trying to replace it for a year or so now. How do you like the way the billfisher model rides? You got any experience with the 26's or 20'S?
    Last edited by pumphouse; 04-28-2005 at 10:28 AM. Reason: spell

I wouldn't trade my boat for anything. Now if something was to happen to my girl and I had to have a new one built, I would have to give a great deal of thought about an Albacore special with a tower and full canvas. With a second station and some net nav electronic on the tower, you would have the best of both worlds. Warm and cozy down stairs, great view from up to on those nice days offshore.

I've never been on a 20', but I would think they are wet like most CC 20' boats. The few rides I've had on the 26's were local halibut trips with the exception of a trip to Clemente on Scott's boat. We ran into some big swell and the wind on the way out and I was glad we weren't on my 23'.

Mike
    Last edited by NoSlack; 04-27-2005 at 07:11 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information