+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 23 blackman flybridge

Hybrid View

Guadalupe Guest

Default best engine for 23' billfisher

Don retrofitted the 200 horse 6 cylinder diesel in my 23' billfisher and I could'nt be happier. It weighs a couple hundred lbs. more than the 350 chevy and the extra weight made it a 100% better boat in a following sea. Therefore I would'nt reccomend anything lighter as in the 4 cyl. Also talked to the Volvo supplier for Blackman and he also confirmed that he thought the 6cyl. would be a better choice especially if you fish in Mexico as I do. Plan on spending at least $25.000. Good luck.
    Chris Roesti
    "Guadalupe"
    omguadalupe@cox.net[/email]
    See photo in Blackman owner's gallery
    Last edited by Guadalupe; 11-07-2005 at 10:55 AM. Reason: E-Mail is omguadalupe@cox.net

Default D4s are the Future!

You can't get 6 cylinder 41s or 43s anymore; Steve says figure up to 30K for a D4 repower. They include a new helm and steering system which comes with the D4. I personally would stay away from a supercharger, just more maintenence and something expensive to repair later. The performance numbers are astounding, I think the $1500 bronze props have alot to due with it. I'm getting close to 5000 hours on my second repower so I need a little time to save 30K for the job but I think it will be worth it in the long run. I saw one running at the shop and the only drawback I saw was vibration, at idle these buggers shake a little bit. I'm trying to sneak a ride on a sea trial and will report back what happens.
    Last edited by DOGHOUSE26; 11-07-2005 at 12:15 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information