+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TAMD40! - Glow plugs

Default TAMD40! - Glow plugs

One of my engines takes too long to start.

Does anyone know of a source for glow plugs for the TAMD40A? John from Blackman said I might be able to get them at Foreign Auto Parts. I'm not sure where that is in SD.

Thanks

Bill

The glow plugs are made by Bosch. When I get home from the Padre game I'll forward the part number to you.

Bosch 0 250 200 053 is the number I use on my 40.

I'm sure you can get them at:
    Advanced Diesel Injection
    3134 Main Street
    San Diego, Ca 92113
    Ph. 619 232-6452 Just a few blocks from SQC or NASSCO

Mike

Go Padres
    Last edited by NoSlack; 08-12-2008 at 09:37 PM.
    NoSlack-------------------------------------------<'(((>{

Default Glow plugs

Thanks Mike. I called them today. They recommended I call PG Auto Parts. I'll pull one of them on Saturday and let you know if the number is different.

I appreciate the number and advice.

Bill

PG is only a block south of our shop. I'll try and swing by friday and ask Victor what they have in stock.

Mike

p.s. the last 3 digits (711) may be a lot number and not part of the part number.

P&G didn't have any glow plug.

Mike

Default Update

Mike,

Thanks for checking. I drove by there and found they aren't open on Saturday.

I pulled my glow plugs and tested them.

Two are working correctly, three do not heat up and the tip was broken off in one of them. (The last cylinder by the turbo)

Do you have any suggestions on how to safely remove the broken part from the engine?

The part number from the ones I removed is 146 025 0200 053. It looks like it said 11 volt after that.

I went to 5 auto parts stores looking for them. My mission today is to find one in Orange County.

Bill

I don't know what the number 146 is, but the rest of it looks the same as my numbers.

146 025 0200 053 (your number)
    0250 200 053 is the number on the reciept from Advanced Diesel back in 1996.

There are a lot of diesel shops in town. I'll make a few calls Monday to see if anyone has them in stock. If I find some, would you like me to pick up 4?

As far as getting the broken one out, If the glowplug is in an area with no chance of falling into the cylinder, crank the engine over and blow it out the hole. You want to be real sure on this one before you crank the engine. You don't want to take a chance sucking it into the engine.

Maybe Rick has some exsperience with the heads on the 40's and can shed some light on were the glug tip might end up.

Mike

Just found a web site that cross references glow plug. Look at the 6th one down in the bosch column. 0250 200 053
    http://mayindustry.com/autoparts/glowplug/multi3.htm

Mike,

The PCH62 is the one. Yeah, If you find 4 of these, I'd appreciate if you could pick them up for me. That would be great.

I read some of the old posts at Boatdiesel. I read where the glow plug tip could fall into the cylinder in a 41A but not the 40 series. I wonder if I could use a bicycle pump or something to blow air into the intake manifold to get it out?

Let me know how if you find some. I'm still trying to find them locally.

Bill

If it can't fall in, put a rag over the hole and crank the engine. The compression should shoot it out like a missle.

Mike

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information