+ Reply to Thread

Thread: We're getting Closer!

Default We're getting Closer!

Hit the 138s this morning and ended up with a 128# striper after pulling on him for 1:40. I thought it was much bigger but the MBMC Scale tells no lies! Add 100 points in for us and the next mako we see is in for a fight!

Our numbers were 3247 11748
    PB Zuker 3.5 Port rigger

Way to go Jeff.

Persistence does pay off. You must have had a dozen fish in the jigs this year before one finally stuck.

Mike
    NoSlack-------------------------------------------<'(((>{

Outstanding Jeff,
    Glad to hear you got one. When I spoke to you on the radio yesterday I didn't realize that you did. You really deserved it after all you efforts. Now this tournament is starting to get interesting.

Charlie,
    Please add uno cien points for me too.

Thanks Scott,

I think I might have finally dialed in my jig / hook arrangement with good results.
    We released 2 on Saturday and had a nice 17# dodo, we had our lines in the water only 1 hour Friday morning when we were bit. The fight lasted almost 2 hours and by the time by got the fish stored and the lines back out we only fished another 30 minutes before we had to pick them up and run for home, I had a funeral to attend in the PM. Our first fish Saturday was a baitfish, we spotted some feeders and a MJG got bit but didn't stick twice; I dropped a mackeral back and got picked up. I passed the rod to my buddy Tim and he took it from there. Our second fish was a blind strike on a MJG also, and for once my crew let me reel it in. We were at 3247 11748 for the first one and 49 / 47 for the second.

The fish are slowly moving NW, but there are still plenty more arriving daily!
    Now is the time to go!
    Last edited by DOGHOUSE26; 09-04-2005 at 10:32 PM.

Jeff & Scott,

Congratulations on the spikes. I’m going to take the boat out on Friday for a post work shake down trip and may have to go out to the marlin grounds for a look.
    Yale
    "Riley"
    32' Blackman Sportfisher

Nice report Jeff. Mina also cam on the MJG. Go get em Yale. If I can get one, anyone can. I posted some pics on the tournament board although they are not vey good. I expect to post some better ones as soon as my friend gets his pics processed.

Scott

I'm buried with work this week but I'm in the SD - ILTT Tourney Fri-Sat.

I'll let you know what I know Thursday night, they might not have gone too far.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information