+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time to put up or shut up

Default Time to put up or shut up

It's time to put up or shut up

I'm stuck at 409 points with very little chance of moving up.

Here are your assignments for October.

Scott 358 points Go down to the bottom of the "9" or any hard bottom along the kelp and fill your lingcod slot. Get yourself a nice 7 pounder and a 4 pound Bacaccio and you pass me up with 411 points.

Jeff 258 points Figure out what happened to you #26.7 Dorado and #25.5 yellowtail from the August 13th trip to the Hidden Bank. That should bring you up to 391 points. From there a mako, lingcod or halibut should put you over the top.

Glenn 256 points Put that new found marlin knowledge to use. After that you need to follow Scott down to the bottom of the "9" and fill that lingcod slot. While you're down there, do something about that rockcod slot. When you get done with that, hit the bay for a #10 halibut. I guaranty there's a 10 pounder in the bay with your name on it. If you can't find a #10, 2 five's and some super glue might fool Charlie long enough to get the jacket ordered.

Phil 218 points Get that YFT from last weekend checked in. From there a marlin and a mako will get you to 416.

With a little effort, you guys can bury me in 5th place by the time I get back in town. Nothing I can't fix with a #50 WSB.

Looking forward to the challenge

Mike
    Last edited by NoSlack; 09-27-2005 at 06:51 PM.
    NoSlack-------------------------------------------<'(((>{

Glenn 256 points Put that new found marlin knowledge to use. After that you need to follow Scott down to the bottom of the "9" and fill that lingcod slot. While you're down there, do something about that rockcod slot. When you get done with that, hit the bay for a #10 halibut. I guaranty there's a 10 pounder in the bay with your name on it. If you can't find a #10, 2 five's and some super glue might fool Charlie long enough to get the jacket ordered.
    Piece of cake... Now just set a BBQ date. Been a long time. And reserve some bug nights for me.. I didn't have time to buy me a small boat to go bugging yet.
    Glenn (Wizard)
    "The Reel One"
    26' Billfisher

Makos and lings are the icing on my cake, don't want to shoot my wad too early; the halibut is a little tougher. Still have a chance for 500 total but a WSB for me would be a miracle right now
    Last edited by DOGHOUSE26; 09-26-2005 at 09:19 PM.

Leader board should be up to date. Let me know if theres anything missing
    Charlie
    NOMAD

Default ???

Sorry,
    I forgot where to post the pictures....
    I have bigger albacores...YF...DODOs...this year that didn't get posted....
    started out good, but no follow through......Maybe next year...
    more important ...when is the picnic

FYI thats a 45 lb albie in my avatar

Phil

Next year you need to delegate the paper work and photo posting duties to one of the regulars on your crew. That will leave you a lot more time for the fun skipper duties like fueling up, driving all night, maintenance and finding fish for your friends to pull on.

Mike

I accept my assignment and plan to fish Saturday after all the little league stuff. Top of the 9 eh? I was thinking rocky ledge off of Pt Loma?

I have tied my spring scale to the bumper of my vehicle and am continually attaching the other end it to the boat to see how much the boat weighs. The scale will still be accurate when I weigh that ling cod of course.
    Can you say 30lb ling cod?

Looking forward to the BBQ whenever that is. IF, I get lucky enough to pull the rabbit out of the hat and surpass Mike and IF nobody else pulls way out in front soon I plan to award 2nd and 3rd place finishers with a custom lure a Mike did. It's traditional now right?

Scott

Scott

In US waters you need to fish less than 180' now. DFG is checking boats fishing deep so be carefull.

Mike

Is there any sure fire way to tell how deep a rockfish was taken from?
    I've heard rumors but nothing official

DFG pulled up to a friend of the Bro in-law, when he was fishing sandabs deep. They gave him the full on cavity check looking for rockcod. Lucky for him he didn't have any on board.

This happened a few weeks ago locally.

Mike

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information