+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Final entries!!!

Charlie,
    As luxurious and well equipped as those Riv's are didn't it come with a deep fat fryer?

I suppose we could stick a propane burner in the cabinet and fill the galley sink with oil.

If Charlie doesn't want to deep fry in the Riv's sink, I could bring a bunner and a pot for deep fring.

I've never used it. so I need to know what type of oil to buy and what temp we need to cook at.

Anyone want to step up and do the batter?
    Who's got fish to fry?

Mike
    NoSlack-------------------------------------------<'(((>{

I can handle the fresh fish part just as long as we get a head count, batter isn't a problem either as I use an Asian tempora package with a little Lawry's added if that's acceptable.

That all sounds good to me. My grill has a burner on it as well where we may be able to heat some , I mean a pot.
    I will bring a gallon of oil.

Scott

I have one of the large containers of vegetable oil from Smart Final. I'll bring it.
    I think I have a thermometer for the cooker but not sure. I'll check this weekend. I think Yale said it had to be 265 or 365. I know it wasn't 165 or 465 so Profesor what is it?
    Hijole

Talking

Pepe,

I hope you don’t teach math or statistics. It’s 375° and don’t put too much fish in at one time. I’ve got the burner, butane tank (with gas), thermometer, and skimmer. If somebody can pick it up in the next two weeks your welcome to use it. I use the cheapest oil Costco has for deep frying. Any oil will do if it’s for frying.

Hate to miss the event but I can already hear the cows mooing.
    Yale
    "Riley"
    32' Blackman Sportfisher

my, my, my...go out of town for a few days and I come back to more Riviera bashing. Yes it takes alot of fuel, but I find I get excellent fuel economy idleing in my slip. I had a wide open mackeral bite off the dock a few weeks back. The receiver is full so I thought I'd bring some mackeral ceviche. Perhaps you boys might want to come down and see the new rig while at the BBQ. Tickets to the Riviera dock are $100 and go to a charitable organization called lotsabucks2runariv (its a hungarian outfit). Looking forward to the BBQ!
    Charlie
    NOMAD

Russ lost a bet, he'll take 3 tickets!

The BS is just now begining to pile up. We may even get some new blood from up north to look to see if everyone is for real. For our first BBQ I remember talking to a member who drove down but since I didn't see him the last 2 times I hope you guys didn't scare him off.

Mike, do you need anything or will someone have to pick up the kitchen from el Professor? There may be alot piled up from the mooing but reason for a cold beer to just hear the next story. I promise not to forget, it's now official at 375.
    Hijole

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information