+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trip to Puerto Vallarta 10/16 through 10/23

Steve has seen it and I told him that whatever I can do to help him I would be more than happy to do. They build a great boat and have been super at correcting whatever ever OEM problems I have had. It's interesting that how good the boat is often involves no fish situations. I've been in some water that I wouldn't even wish on you and the boat has performed beautifully. Thanks for the comments.
    Yale
    "Riley"
    32' Blackman Sportfisher

Dos Pelones Guest

Default Awesome!

Way to go Yale!!!!!

I quit fishing around here this season as soon as hunting season opened and dog trials started. Boats headed to live in Loreto.

But you sure make a dude think about the what ifs? Like what if I had more time and money all at the same time! Your trip blows me away!

Congradulations, you are in the Blackman Hall of Fame!
    Jorge

Jorge,

Thanks for the kind comments. Let’s see, hunting season, dog trials and the boats going to Loreto. Doesn’t sound like your suffering to much. Based on my travels up and down the Gulf I think you picked the best spot in the Gulf to locate. The fishing, weather, accessibility and current/proposed infrastructure all say Loreto. I’m just not ready to settle the boat down yet.

Yale
    Yale
    "Riley"
    32' Blackman Sportfisher

Yale,

That BD Board is getting a little hot, I think it all boils down to circle hook use and alot of jealousy covered with B.S.! At least Josh is trying to conserve the resource. I'm not a pro-release man but as a visitor with no contacts I can't imagine getting rid of that much fish a 200+ fish would bring; I'd probably end up releasing mine if I were lucky enough to get one.

Did you read the BD thread about the drive from U.S. to Punta Mita, I've flown to PV 4 times but never driven it, is it really that weird with the toll roads 4 lanes down to one and such? Do you launch @ Punta Mita or Puerta Vallarta proper?

While the locals seem to have an insatiable capacity to use fresh fish I’m not sure that satisfying that need is one I want to fill on a regular basis. I’ve set a one fish cap on my trips from now on. An ice chest full of tuna fillets is plenty. In fact I’m having tuna again tonight for the fifth time in two weeks and if I don’t have it again for a couple of weeks that will be fine with me.

I didn’t go down with the boat so can’t comment on the trip. Mexican roads are different and a bit hair raising at times, but it is doable. The facilities at Paradise Village are very nice. I launched there and then stayed on the boat at Punta Mita which is a very good anchorage.
    Yale
    "Riley"
    32' Blackman Sportfisher

So is Paradise @ Punta Mita or PV? I've done the East Cape/Cabo road trip with a skiff at least a dozen times since 1980; If you don't push too hard the roads are OK. Maybe because they described their travels at night makes it seem so much more difficult.

Sorry I didn’t make that clear. After you’ve been there a couple of times you presume everybody knows what you’re talking about. Puerto Vallarta sits at the back of Banderas Bay which a very large horseshoe shaped bay. The most westerly northern point of the bay is Punta Mita. I’d guess it’s about 12 miles from Puerta Vallarta to Punta Mita.

I think any new road can be a bit intimidating, plus they are in a foreign country going through the jungle at night and the weather is overpowering with heat and humidity. I can see where it can be a bit intimidating.
    Yale
    "Riley"
    32' Blackman Sportfisher

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information