+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2005 BBQ photos

Default 2005 BBQ photos

These are the photos Pepe shot at the BBQ this year. I'll add some text as I get time.

Mike

Mike prepping the calamari appetizers and Charlie working his magic on the Blackened salmon.

Official taste testing team.

Lobster burrito fixxins

Charlie trying to rub some luck off the winners jackets.

Last edited by NoSlack; 01-19-2019 at 02:00 PM.
    NoSlack-------------------------------------------<'(((>{

I had a great time. Thanks to everyone for all of the food, lobster, fish, ceviche, guacamole, pies, hot links and Tecate.
    I'm going to try to get some pics in now that Mike showed us how to send photos.
    Hijole

BOCA,
    Thanks for the great food and discussion yesterday. Great job at the deep fat fryer Phil. Mike, My wife (Jane) thanks you for the lobster. Let's get this 2006 season tournament started. Any points yet Mike...Jeff?
    Special thanks to the Blackmans and Joey at Squidco for kicking in a few prizes for the 2005 tournament.

Scott...Tenacious

Had a great time. Good to see everyone again! The 2006 Leader Board is up and running and there is an 8 way tie for first place!
    Charlie
    NOMAD

Thanks to everyone who attended, I'm still full from all the excellent food! My favorite was the blackened cod, Charlie what was the brand of seasoning you buy on the net? I've got to get me some! Still feeling the effects of the cajun calimari and Scott's hot links though! Bad news when I got home, my wife demands her name as THE SPONSER on the next jacket if I'm lucky enough to win again, she really wants one !

Thanks Again!

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...99935?v=glance

This stuff is the bomb! I add some additional red pepper to give it more of a bite
    Charlie
    NOMAD

Hey I forgot to ask, Charlie do you dip the fish in egg first then black mix or is there something else?

Jeff

Charlie dipped the fish in melted butter than the good stuff and onto the fire great stuff.

Thanks to all it was great I may recover in a few days from all the hot stuff

Russ

The fillets should be no more than a half inch thick. Heat a cast iron skillet outdoors (smokes alot!) as hot as you can get it. 10 minutes or so on a high flame. Dredge the fillets in melted butter then sprinkle on the seasoning (it's pretty salty so adjust the amount according to your taste). Drop fish in the dry frypan (no oil) and let cook for about a minute. Flip for another minute and they should be good to go. The fish should sear and take on a medium to dark carmel color. Crispy good on the outside, moist and tender on the inside. Hmmm, I may have to cook up a batch tonight!

ps: I've done this with all kinds of fish, scallops and even chicken breasts!
    Charlie
    NOMAD

Tuesday night Blackened Reds and beer!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information