+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WTB: 26' billfisher

bird dog Guest

Default Is it still for sale?

Tailchaser,

No the boat is not for sale any longer. I just couldn't stand to lose the one thing that keeps me going. Good luck in your search for a blackman. You won't go wrong with a Billfisher or Outer Banks.

Mike

paradise Guest

We have a 26' billfisher for sale, its a 2002, fully loaded on electronics, has the single volvo I/O. Has a tv with power antennae, outriggers, full raymarine electronics(autopilot, sonar, radar, chart/gps), it also has an inverter as well as it comes with a trailer with newly recarpeted bunks. It has a full eisenglass enclosure for the flybridge as well as a new cover. The boat has been kept in a garage since last season. It also has a life raft with holder and hydrostatic release, as well as an epirb with hydrostatic release. The boat has been very well maintained. It only has 521 hours. This used to be Charlie's boat, the NOMAD. Looking for 105,000 obo.

Thanks
    Zack
    Last edited by paradise; 08-07-2006 at 10:57 AM.

Still looking for a Blackman, Outerbanks or Billfisher hopefully less than 10yrs old and in the 50-60K range....

thanks again!

Default "The Reel One"

Take a look at "The Reel One"

Quote Originally Posted by brian_g View Post
    Still looking for a Blackman, Outerbanks or Billfisher hopefully less than 10yrs old and in the 50-60K range....

thanks again!

Your price range is more for pre-1990 boats; <10 years 65-75K up to 2000

Default Just a number.

With these boats age is simply a number. A well maintained Blackman of 10-20 years old will outshine most (any) brand new boat in the same size range.
    With an older boat you might be closer to a re-power but since most are diesel you very well could get 10-20 years out of a motor that is already 15 years old.
    Fancier electronics are the one thing that a newer boat might have over an older one.
    Of course that would be the case with a boat that is just a few years old.
    The plotter that I installed on my tower a couple of years ago has already become outdated. Still works just fine but not as fancy as some of the new stuff.
    I'm very much on the fence about selling my boat. I looked at boats at the Fred Hall show. You couldn't come close to my boat for twice the price of what I've been asking for mine, which is less than half the price of a new comparably equipped Outerbanks.
    It might be better if I accept the fact that I don't get to use it as much as I like and just be happy having a bitchin rig whether it's parked next to my house or parked next to an island.
    That's all I have to say about that.

P

Quote Originally Posted by DOGHOUSE26 View Post
    Your price range is more for pre-1990 boats; <10 years 65-75K up to 2000
    I think that around 10 yrs old (i.e not more than 10 but obviously not new) 50-60K is pretty realistic. I realize that this means I'll need to be patient and scrutinize the boats closely, but I'm not in a rush and 60K will be pushing it for me.

Bottom line is that I would like to get the best boat possible for the lowest price . If 60K is really dreamin' for a 10yr old Blackman I may need to re-evaluate. I bet that there is one out there though

Give Knot Now Phil a PM, I think his boat is a 97-98 model and he bought it maybe 2-3 years ago and see if he'll tell you what he paid. Just as there are differences between a pre - 86 Billfisher and 86-90 models, there are alot of subtle changes between Pre-90 boats and later that add up in the cost. Less teak, better windows, Flybridge liners, and fiberglass electronic boxes are just a few. The hull is the same, motors and electronics are always upgradable which helps dictate the sale price..

Quote Originally Posted by DOGHOUSE26 View Post
    Give Knot Now Phil a PM, I think his boat is a 97-98 model and he bought it maybe 2-3 years ago and see if he'll tell you what he paid. Just as there are differences between a pre - 86 Billfisher and 86-90 models, there are alot of subtle changes between Pre-90 boats and later that add up in the cost. Less teak, better windows, Flybridge liners, and fiberglass electronic boxes are just a few. The hull is the same, motors and electronics are always upgradable which helps dictate the sale price..
    Thanks for the advice. I'll PM him.

nelle Guest

Default boat for sale

Hey Brain I have a 1982 billfisher that I been working on for the past year.All new deck & hatch covers .Motor & outdrive have been gone through by Blackman, Very clean and ready to go. to many upgrades to list.Give me a call.619-981-9246
    Last edited by nelle; 04-06-2007 at 06:00 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information