+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Salmon or Slimers

Default Salmon or Slimers

All in favor of dropping salmon and adding barracuda say aye...
    Charlie
    NOMAD

I'm not much for keeping slimmers, but my days of trailering half way up the state to chase a fish are long behind me.

Put me down for a "aye".

Mike
    NoSlack-------------------------------------------<'(((>{

Default AYE

AYE

I to hate the slimmy things

Uggghhh cuda?

That's probably one slot I won't fill but, since we don't really have any active members up north anymore I guess I'll say "aye" to that. Will have to keep extra soap on the boat now just to get rid of the slime.

Drop Salmon? Sure...

Add logs? Yuck...

If you wanted to add anything, Bonita, Sand Bass, Sheepshead are all alternate choices to logs.
    Glenn (Wizard)
    "The Reel One"
    26' Billfisher

If anyone says they have found a way to make cuda taste good they are lying. I've heard folks say that you have to soak them in milk to get rid of the nasty taste. Really... If you have to soak anything in milk to dilute the taste can it really be worth eating? No, smoking them doesn't work either..don't lie. Besides they don't stay lit very well.

Ok maybe I just don't like them because one time I tried to reach down and un-hook one from a rapala when the thing slimed me causing my hand to slip and get one of the treble hooks burried deep in my thumb while the toothy critter shook violently!!! I hate em!

I don't think you could ever get a semi-accurate weight on them on the water unless they were dead, too much flopping! Slimers nay, Bones Aye!

Here's an idea. I know we have the new 'unique' category, if anyone manages something like an Opah agan (doubt it), but the rule is 25lbs etc. Not likely to see anyone get that.

How about a 'unique' category that has no weight limit, but you must be the only one at the end of the season to have caught one. Anyone else gets one, your points get zeroed. (species of rockfish don't count) Talk about a rivalry.

Examples:

Manta Shrimp
    Sheepshead
    Angel Shark
    Striped Bass
    Needlefish
    Corvina
    etc...
    Glenn (Wizard)
    "The Reel One"
    26' Billfisher

I like it Glenn. We could use it for all those 25 and under fish. Call it the Bubble catagory. Pop, there goes your points.

Mike
    Last edited by NoSlack; 11-22-2005 at 05:52 PM.
    NoSlack-------------------------------------------<'(((>{

Default cudas

Put me down for exchanging Cudas for salmon...

I like Glens Idea except I already caught a sheepshead with no picture

Cuda's are easy to cook...but they need to be FRESH....Ice those babies down.

BBQ flesh side down, turn and cook skin side down, pat of butter just before its done, side the spatula between the meat and skin. A rub will improve it....I use a cajon rub....
    My Chinese friends steam them...they are just like a fish they have back home...
    Last edited by Knot Now; 11-23-2005 at 08:02 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information