Guys. I am in the process of overhauling my volvo aq145 on my Blackman 20.

I just had a valve job done, gone through and cleaned the fwc system,replaced all fuel lines and separater element, replaced all pumps, new exhaust manifold, new intake and new weber 2 barrel carb conversion(from double carb setup to a single 2bbl carb set up), all new timing components and gears.

Here is my problem. I was able to get the cam gear and the imermediate gear off, but I cant seem to remove the crank shaft gear. I got the front bolt off and the harmonic balancer hub off at this point but I cant seem to get the gear off. The gear has a mcmann key coming from the inside but I cant remove it. Sandwhiched on both sides of this gear are timing belt guide plates that keep the belt from walking. As mentioned, I have removed the outter plate exposing the gear. The inner plate, butts up behind the gear keeping me from being able to get a gear puller on it. I could try to get the puller jaws around the guide plate, but I suspect it will just bend the crap out of it and not move the gear. Does anyone have a tool that I dont know about that will get this rusty gear off of my crank shaft.

I welcome all sugestions. Thanks!

Doug-