3 30.00%
  • Have one and never set it up.

4 40.00%
  • Don't have one or don't know what DSC/MMIS is

3 30.00%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DCS/MMIS poll

Default DCS/MMIS poll

Phill brought up the DCS/MMSI question again. Let's get a poll of who has it and who doesn't.

Mike

EDIT: Just went through my owners manual and it does't look like the DSC/MMSID have anything to do with scambling my transmission. I think this is what Phill's goal is. My radio is an Omni by Standard Communication. I need to have a CVS240 voice scrambler card installed in it, and it sounds like only another Standard Com radio with a scrambler card and set up like mine will unscramble the signal. Someone take the ball and run with it on this. I'm clue less about this stuff
    Last edited by NoSlack; 03-27-2006 at 05:40 PM.
    NoSlack-------------------------------------------<'(((>{

Default 2 meter

Just added a 2 meter to my electronics. The antenna was more than the radio. Radio and antenna for about $500 or so. Basically a short wave radio so lots of privacy. Icom 8000
    Charlie
    NOMAD

I,m clue less too

Don't have one but, I know what they are. I'm not too worried about secretly passing fishing info, but, if I were I'd probably just coordinate a reference point with any boats which I was going to work with. Or just establish a group channel to go to to discuss a hot bite.

Scott

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information