+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 100 Point Day

Default 100 Point Day

Great day on the water. Mako at 9:00 and Mr T at noon. Thanks to NoSlack for his skills at the helm while winding on these guys!

Last edited by NoSlack; 01-30-2019 at 03:53 PM.
    Charlie
    NOMAD

Good job Charlie. Mike is the man, hooking everyone up.
    Glenn (Wizard)
    "The Reel One"
    26' Billfisher

Another great day on Charlie's luxury yacht.

The first hook up came shortly after we started trolling. I had just gone down on the deck to tie up a bait rig when the Green and Black in the port goes off. I yell up to Charlie that he's got work to do.

After clearing the other line and assisting Charlie with the belt, I head for the bridge to run the boat. Wow look at all those buttons and levers. I felt like one of the Wright brothers in the cockpit of a 747 for a minute. By the time I get the auto pilot off ,figure out which levers and knobs go to the running engine, Charlie's got the fish to leader.

I'm thinking that guys a stud or I really lost track of time while playing with all the shinny buttons on the bridge.

Much to Charlie's disappointment, it turned out to be a Mako in the 60 pound class. He was so focused on catching a T-shark he forgot Makos were worth 50 points too.

The next three hours were some long boring hours of zigging and zagging through the area we got bit. Not a speck of bait on the meter but the porpoise in the area looked like they were feeding so we stuck with them.

The closer it got to noon(our predetermined quiting time) the more concerned Charlie was looking. He knew this was going to be his last shot at a T before they move up the coast. At 11:58 Charlie heads for the little boys room to relieve himself before we call it a day and turn for home.

Being unsupervized at the wheel it was time to implement some of that super secret skipper stuff I was holding back on. That's right, I grabed me a bag of chips, put my feet up and spun the wheel to the left, 10 seconds later, hookup in the port corner.

Charlie comes running out of the salon half zipped and ready for battle. 30 minutes later we're tying off another 50 points to the swimstep.

Lesson of the day, in 4 short hour you can go from pretender to contender in this tournament.

Mike
    Last edited by NoSlack; 05-20-2006 at 05:03 PM.
    NoSlack-------------------------------------------<'(((>{

It's about time we got some action pics from the yacht; I was beginning to think The Nomad was just an offsite dressing room for the Deja Vu Mobile Team!

Great Day Charlie and way to go No Slack Mike.

I almost forgot to ask... Mike how does it feel to drive the yacht with the standard Riviera coat and tie apparrel ?

I had no idea how slippery dress shoes were on a wet deck. When I stepped off the Persian rug onto the fiberglass, I went feet up, back down faster that Paris Hilton on a Friday night.

Mike
    NoSlack-------------------------------------------<'(((>{

What vintage bubbly did Sir Charles ask you to pop after claiming the first 50 points; I hope it wasn't that cheap California grown product you find at all the supermarkets!

Next year's rules should state "Any vessel in which Mike Jones is embarked shall recieve no points for any fish caught during the period he is aboard except the No Slack"! I'll never admit that he added over 70 points to Tenacious's score a couple years ago. Great job Charlie/Mike. Glad to hear that you were able to corner the market in the shark category in one day. I still say that Blue sharks should be worth at least 100 points.

For the rest of you who have not got your thresher yet don't fret, there is also a Fall season on them.

Scott

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information