+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trip planning

Talking

Scott,

PM me with your email so I can send you my thoughts on the trip. Cutting the trip shorter makes it more of a boat ride than a fishing, surfing and relaxing trip.

There is another alternative for your crew member. He could get a new wife.

Having an “I absolutely must be home” time limit on a trip like this is tough. Mother nature may tell you that the trip is going to take a few days longer than you anticipated and I don't like arguing with her.
    Yale
    "Riley"
    32' Blackman Sportfisher

I would also recommend a satellite phone. You can rent them and will come in handy in an emergency.
    Charlie
    NOMAD

I've got a sattelite phone. Good for emergencies and calling home to say I love you, but I'm going to be late.
    Yale
    "Riley"
    32' Blackman Sportfisher

Jeff,

Still in the shop. Waiting for my downriggers to get here so we can set them up correctly. The big items were a new lower unit and lowering some of the non self priming pumps in the bilge. Lowering the pumps was a big task. Should finish the yard stint by the end of next week and then I have a couple of weeks work before I can splash her. Also went LED on the anchor light, one deck light and all the cabin lights.
    Yale
    "Riley"
    32' Blackman Sportfisher

Default What ratio lower unit

Yale,
    It might be too late, but IMHO the 1:78 ratio is a better (stronger) unit....
    need to change to A3s if you have a 41.
    Phil

Glenn,

Let me understand this. The Standard XM service includes music only?
    The Weather options are offered on all other upgrades? (Fisherman, Marine Mariner, Cruiser?)

Have you tried the weather option and if so were the weather updates continuous like they claim? Just seems like it would be a real good idea to have that weather capability in the Cedros area in August. Maybe the short duration trip I'm planning doesn't really require it if we get a good look at the weather prior to departing.
    Scott

Thanks for the info Phil but the new unit is already installed. The problem was seals as a result of a long line in the prop.

With a satellite phone you just need to have somebody that can assess weather reports and terrafin charts thats willing to do so and give them a call.
    Yale
    "Riley"
    32' Blackman Sportfisher

Standard XM service is just the music/sports/etc.. not that weather option. That weather option is expensive, as I listed above. No idea the quality of the reports, I don't have and won't get the weather option.
    Glenn (Wizard)
    "The Reel One"
    26' Billfisher

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information