+ Reply to Thread

Thread: There's a new Sheriff in town

Default There's a new Sheriff in town

Charlie's making his move. He called in a #28 yellowtail off a kelp and that puts him way out front on the tournament.

Time to bring the "A" game boys. Glenn, you go long, I'll hit the sand and the rest of you guys, spread out and catch something. One of us has to take him down.

Unofficial Leader Board

Mike
    Last edited by NoSlack; 01-30-2019 at 03:47 PM.
    NoSlack-------------------------------------------<'(((>{

Yup, was a good day on the water yesterday. Left the dock at 0400 in some pea soup fog. Could barely see the lights of the bait dock, thank goodness for GPS and radar. Got a scoop of nice sardines and with Brian (GoFishGo) on the bow to watch for lobster buoys we set out for the 302. At the gray we started looking for paddies with none to be found. Passed a couple of boats sharing a paddie and it looked a bit crowded to be asked to join so we kept going. Trolled a couple of rapala's and started hooking up on bonita. Finally found our own paddie at around 0800 and we soaked some baits for nada. I noticed a nice mark when were setting up again and we decided to slow troll with Brian on the rod. Got right in on the paddie when Brian gets a bump and then a hookup. Brians fishing 20 lb and I tell him it looks like his drag is a set a bit lite as the fish freight trains for the paddie. Brian says I don't think so and we see the 28 pounder for the first time. Fish gets good and wrapped and Brian puts just enough pressure on him to keep him under control but not snap him off in the weeds. I back down on the paddie and we gaff him out of the weeds. After that we trolled to the 372 and half way to the 425 before we work back up to the 302. Picked up another yellow about 10 Lbs on a root beer feather and more bonita. Marked fish here and there but couldn't get them to go. Fished another half dozen paddies for no joy. Lines in at about 1400 hours. Radio chatter said limits of yellows 2 miles South of the 425 first thing in the morning, should have made the longer run first and worked back up the line. Pictures on the way.

Last edited by NoSlack; 01-30-2019 at 03:48 PM.
    Charlie
    NOMAD

I emailed the pictures (full size) this morning. Twenty-eight pound Yellow peeling 20 pound line off a Trinidad 14 - I'm glad I got my drags replaced and reel tuned-up early! Thanks again Charlie - as always, a GREAT time.

Default A foreign made boat in the lead?

That's UnAmerican! I can't think of a better reason to close the borders!

Way to go Charlie & Brian, that's a nice fish ! Sounds like you should have went NW; a few more big models up that way I hear.

I'm stuck in week 3 of the Kitchen remodel torture; today removing a 30"X30"X18" deep steel floorsafe incased in concrete and a broken hot water pipe below slab while jackhammering for new island power!

Charlie/Brian,

Nice job and beautiful fish! I hope to duplicate your efforts Wednesday. Your's is the biggest local yellowtail I've heard of this Spring/summer.

Scott

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information