+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cedros/Benitos Island trip set

I use 15 gallon short drums for my extra diesel. On the Patron the water heater and water maker are in the fish hold. In that configuration I can put three of them in the fish hold. Without the water maker four can go in the fish hold. The drums cost $34 each including tax and license.
    Yale
    "Riley"
    32' Blackman Sportfisher

Thumbs up

My number two skipper (actually he is a much better skipper than I am ) just confirmed that he’s on for the trip so we’re in the “unless a major catastrophe happens” we’re good to go mode. If anybody wants some of the 15 gallon drums let me know.
    Yale
    "Riley"
    32' Blackman Sportfisher

Default 15 gal Drums...

are a great idea ! Not too heavy to move around if needed and probably small enough to leave on the deck in route. What is their approximate physical size ?

Default Fuel or whatever containers

The following are the fuel containers I use on the Patron.

For containers for the fish hold I use a 15 gallon container that is 22.5” tall and 16.5” in diameter. With the hot water heater in the fish hold I can fit four of them in the hold. If I’m really looking for range I add one other 14 gallon container on the deck that is 22.5” tall and 16.5” in diameter. This container is tall enough that it can be attached to the rail on the deck and is small enough in diameter that it can be stored under the fly bridge when empty. One advantage of using these containers over a bladder is that if you have to go to town to get fuel you have your containers. I use a vane pump to pump the fuel to the main tank. I use the same pump to change my oil. I’ve had to much trouble with impeller pumps. Hope this helps.
    Yale
    "Riley"
    32' Blackman Sportfisher

Could you provide us with the make/model of the vane pump you use? Had trouble with other pumps, and still looking for something that will do my oil and possibly fuel.
    Glenn (Wizard)
    "The Reel One"
    26' Billfisher

All my boat stuff is packed in cubic yard boxes right now but I’ll be getting at it next week and I’ll get you the information. Impellers that will work with both fuel and oil seem top be a fictional item and I don’t need to carry two pumps on the boat.
    Yale
    "Riley"
    32' Blackman Sportfisher

Let me know if you are interested in 55 gal plastic drums. Al

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information