+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need to locate a fresh water plug in a TAMD 41

Default Need to locate a fresh water plug in a TAMD 41

I want to intsall a new fresh water temp gauge in a TAMD 41. I can not use the electrical water temp and water alarm due to they have a special thread. Anybody know of where a plug is for the fresh water jacket ? I have posted in the past but no response. I will have to install a tee, off the fresh water hose, if nothing else is available. Any help is appreciated. Al

There might be a plug on the water pump, but that would put you real close to the belts with your new hardware.

Mike
    NoSlack-------------------------------------------<'(((>{

Sleigher Guest

Default Sea water or recirculated coolant?

I usually take "fresh water" to mean the coolant in which case there are a few places that you could tie in.
    I think you could come right off the top from the lines that head to the turbo. You could also go in through one of the plugs under/ahead of the turbo. If you did that though you would have to remove it to drain the coolant.
    I bet, although I haven't looked for one, that you could find a radiator cap with a thermometer in it. (Hold on, I'll look)http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/store...1387&langId=-1
    That wasn't too bad only about $20.00 and you're done. Unless you are looking for both engines in which case it will be $40.00.
    If you want one for the raw water then we need to know where you want to measure it.

Peter

I already have the two gauges, Murphy. I talked with a parts person at Valley and it shows two plugs at the thermostat housing, but these look just like the two for the electric alarm and temp sensors already on the engine. There is a special washer to seal the plugs. I am sure they are metric. I may have to braze a special fitting to adapt from metric to standard. Al

Found the perfect spot on the thermostat housing, exact size. Need to install short nipple and coupling for depth extension due to the thermostats hitting the prob. Al

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information