+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Outside MB

Default Outside MB

Launced at 1200, went 14 mi on a 265 and started trolling and drifting patties. got 3 bulls and 2 hens all 15-20lbs. patties were worked hard.
    If I were going tomorrow I would go out 14 mi, look for terns and start slow trolling deans. got 2on bait after jig stop and 2 others just randomly slow trolling deans. I'm beat and bloody - time to clean up and rest.

Brian out
    Last edited by NoSlack; 01-19-2019 at 06:21 PM.
    Brian on Old Blue, out

Nice going Brian. Looks like a better grade of fish than I was seeing a few weeks ago.

Do you have the wieght for the big bull? I'll add some point to the board for ya if you let me know the weight.

Mike
    NoSlack-------------------------------------------<'(((>{

Default Friday PM Offshore

Brian,

Was that you who waved me in to a paddy 18 off MB Friday late PM? You were fighting a fish and then went back up and slow trolled back up and around; we soon split off and checked the others for nothing. There sure were alot of nice kelps in the zone we were in. If so,Thanks for the invite. If it was WFO I would have stayed as there would have been enough to support both of us; but since it was picky I would rather find our own and let you work what you found without having to work around us. Oh how I'm sick of hearing the geeks on 72, "can we slide in and fish your paddy?" All it takes is a little work to go find your own!

Default Yup...

that was me. Nice lookin boat Jeff. Tried hailing you on 9 but no response, I figured it may well have been a BOCA boat.

We took off slow trolling shortly after that as well. It was a hard scratch for us all day, nothing ever really opened up for us but a fish here and there. From the sound of the radio we felt fairly lucky and were happy to get the 5 we did, especially with the quality we found. Fished all the way up to sunset with the last one caught just before dark. Nathan got his first Dorado and all of a sudden he wants to do a whole lot more fishin!

I did mostly deckhand duty, but I did go 5/5 on the head shots! I still can't believe we went 5/5 on the hookups. All the experience (what precious little there was) before this was maybe 50% score on the hookups. considering the late start, I was extremely happy with the way the day went.

Mike, I only got a weight on the big hen and she went 18.9 lbs. These sure are some nice looking and good eating fish. If anybody has some good suggestions re recipes I'd love to hear them.

Brian.
    Brian on Old Blue, out

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information