+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 9/14 tighten up the race

Default 9/14 tighten up the race

Got it done at 1:00 on the "9". Hit the Green and Black Cabo Hi-5.

Unofficial Leader Board Are you getting nervous Russ?

The jig is a little bigger than the Zuker 3.5
    Last edited by NoSlack; 01-30-2019 at 03:10 PM.
    NoSlack-------------------------------------------<'(((>{

Default nev

nev nev never

Now you can sleep Mike I know its been driving you nuts

Congradulation on the fish I new you would do it or die tring

Russ

Nice job Mike,

Details on the catch? If not you can tell us about it at the BBQ whenever that is.

Scott

Default BBQ

This weekend Scott

Russ

Scott

Detail for the whole day are on the members board.

Mike

Nice Fish Mike, I'm back in the water and hopefully on your ass by Sunday Night (just a figure of speech, really!) Those are cool jigs too; I've been thinking about running a 5.5 in close too.

It could be veeeerrrrry interrrresting by Monday!

Saturday - 9-16 -Chipping away at the lead

We got the Doghouse back in the water Friday night after outdrive seal repair; Mark from the Time Out joined me for a trip to the 9 mile bank Saturday where Dan Muslin gave me the numbers from his 2 fish Friday trip and where No Slack Mike reported his buddy had a fish Friday. Turns out the fish moved a couple of miles south, the Christina Lynn had 2 early morning fish to locate the main body so we headed their way. Dan was in the area also and put a new angler on a fish; Mark and I were bit headed upswell towards Dan on a MJG but the fish fell off after 2 minutes when the Captain couldn't keep the line tight with the boat. We headed back downswell and set up again when we heard the alternator belts momentarily slip; I gave the helm to Mark while I lifted the engine cover to find water spraying everywhere! Turns out it's the seal on fresh water recirculating pump on the engine; we're done for the day. Called VA and their ETA was 1.5 hours so Mark and I flylined mackeral off the back of the boat jokingly to stay occupied and it wasn't 15 minutes when I see a splash and my clicker goes off! I put it in freespool wait as the line pays out , set the hook and 20 feet off the back a marlin jumps out repeatedly then finally takes off the opposite direction and I start buttoning the drag. I remember I have a spare gallon each of water and anti-freeze so Mark refills the heat exchanger and we go after the fish getting back 100 yards of line and I get Mark up on the bow with his first marlin. For the next 90 minutes we do short spurts of the engine getting closer each time; and after 4 episodes of leader in hand and the fish going under the boat and having to empty all the water bottles from the cooler into the heat exchanger 2 more times, we finally get the 130# rascal on the swimstep just as VA arrives. 1 fish on half the fuel; it takes the sting out of the repair bill and gives Mark and I a memory we can laugh about for the rest of our lives! Thanks VA for the ride home!

Pics to follow

Last edited by DOGHOUSE26; 10-31-2006 at 10:58 PM.

Now that's what I call making the best of a bas situation.

I'll ring you up for 100 points when I get home. That will bring you up to 370 and earn you a spot on the podium.

Mike

Sorry to hear about the seal on the water pump. Congrats on the pointy one. That must have been pretty exciting.
    Scott

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information