+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 9-30-06

Default 9-30-06

Well we went all over Saturday started at the 390 water was cool 66.7 moved over to the 371 a little warmer 67.6 no fish no birds no bait worked our way over to the 302 we did find bait and birds no fish moved up to the 224 for nothing last we trolled through the Nine it looked the best large balls of bait whales Dolphins birds working the bait for nothing.

A long boat ride for nothing the weather was rough in the morning much better in the afternoon .

Russ

It sound like it was more miss than hit this past weekend. I spent most of the day Saturday drownding bait off Torrey and the radio chater from offshore didn't sound real good.

Mike
    NoSlack-------------------------------------------<'(((>{

Default Sunday, 10/1

Got the report from Russ as we headed out to the 302 again. Lots of porpoise and birds but not much else on the way out. Trolled the area and stopped on several small paddies for nada before working north. Within a 10 minute period trolling north we caught 2 skipjack and 1 yellowfin. One large paddy coughed up a small yellow. Around 2 pm we heard boats southeast of the 302 fishing on porpoise and catching yellowfin. One said he had 4. That was it, a little rough in the afternoon but not as bad as last weekend. Water temp. stayed steady around 68 for the trip.

Hey Mike, the lobster season any better than last year?

nice job on the fish phil...... missed you guys on sat for the make a wish. we need more boca boys out there next year!!!!!!!!!!!!! shut down inside the 390 just before grey light. had 2 nice scoops of bait and made some macks outside of MB. 5am and lines in....... started glassing and found a patty within 30 min. cleared the lines, and slid in way upswell. No marks! let the baits soak for one good pass, off the patty by 100 yds look at the meter and its solid! Gave them two passes of bait, and they started crashing! WE ended up with 17 yft,4 dodos,4 skip(for the hoop nets) and 2 yt.we took 2nd team in the small boat div and 3rd,6th & 7th indiv angler. It was a great event! I hope we can round up more boats from boca next year. They give out some nice prizes to the top club. jeff Fire Escape

Phil

So far so good on the lobster. Already raise my cholesterol 50 points in the first few days.

Mike

Mike inside or outside?

Outside and down, but the big boys baited today so that could have and impact on the catch from here on out.

Mostly males in the pound and a 1/4 range. The big females may still be out deeper than I want to pull.

Mike

I noticed on another board they were having better luck @60+; that's alot of rope to pull!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information