+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1/21 T-shirt squid

Default 1/21 T-shirt squid

Why freeze your butt off when you can go out in a T-shirt and get all you want in the day light.

They were right on the bottom in 850' off the upper 9 for me today. A 2 speed and a harness is the way to go with these guys.

Mike

Last edited by NoSlack; 01-19-2019 at 05:13 PM.
    NoSlack-------------------------------------------<'(((>{

Default So did you...

meter them or were you droppin blind? Find large areas or small spots? Run across any of those 50 lbers? See any swords on the meter?
    Brian on Old Blue, out

Wow, that's a lot of line to reel back in. Did you meter them that deep or did you just drop until something started taking line? Never taken any as large as the one in your picture: what do you do when they come up? Gaff 'em? Don't they try and climb all over the boat, squirting ink and trying to make it back to the water?

I spent the first 4 hours of the day slow trolling for T-sharks and metering the bottom. I went back to the area that had the best meter mark just off the bottom.

30 seconds after reaching the bottom I was bit on the first 3 drops.

When they come up to the boat, keep them a couple feet under the surface and gaff the back end. Now that you have control of both ends you can let them ink out, then lift then into a cooler on the swimstep. I use a canvas kill sack that has some drain holes so I can keep dumping water over them until all the ink is gone.

Mike
    NoSlack-------------------------------------------<'(((>{

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information