+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Injection pump leak

EDIT: I found 4 seal rings and 2 clamps at an on-line auction store for $10. Just bought them and should have them in my hand in a few days if you can't find any. Do a google search for Volvo 845354, one site had them for $3 each

The part number you are looking for is 845354-0 and only fits the AQAD40. Call around before you waist any gas looking for it. I picked up my last bag at The Boat Store by the Sports Arena.

Make sure all the tubes line up and go in straight to the holes. You may need to adjust your clamps to get everything lined up without cocking or pinching an o-ring.

Here's a shot of clamp #23 that holds the discharge tube in the basket. I do use a little red RTV on the seal rings when I install them. More for the lube so they will slide than a sealer.

This shot is the short tube that goes between the pump and basket. The parts breakdowm shows a second clamp on it to hold it in the basket. I don't have that clamp.

This shot shows the clamp for the suction pipe that runs along the oil pan seam on the port side. I also use a few ty-raps around the forward enginge support to hold it up into the pump. The parts breakdown shows a clamp #52 that bolts to the front of the pump. I don't have that one eather.

Here is a link to a parts breakdown for all the clamps and stuff that go with the basket. There are a lot more clamps than I have installed on my engine. No telling how many got lost or tossed before I got the boat.
    http://www.marinepartsexpress.com/VP...ND%20EX(1).pdf
    Last edited by NoSlack; 01-13-2019 at 09:01 AM.
    NoSlack-------------------------------------------<'(((>{

Your photo makes clamp no. 23 look soooo easy. Geting everything lined up, o-rings seated, and finally, clamp no. 23. There is some luck involved....

.....and, just got a Dodge Cummins back from an injector pump rebuild. The mechanic insists the ULSD will scour the injector pump / injectors plus turn the gaskets to mush.

RT

I heard the new diesel is going to be hard on the old school engines. Maybe insurance will cover a failure and I can upgrade to a D4.

Mike

Maybe I can get a D6
    Phil

Mike,
    I think I found the same auction as you did (guy must have had more than one kit). I hope those rings get here pronto. I was going to offer you the clamp on the basket side but it sounds like you'll be getting one of your own. Thanks for taking the time to post those pics and part numbers.

Dan

Got them in the mail on friday if you need some to get going this weekend.

Mike

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information