Thread: 8/11 to 8/13 Morro Bay

Threaded View

Default 8/11 to 8/13 Morro Bay

I wish this was a first hand account of how good the fishing is up there, but the best I can do is pass along what I saw while drowning my sorrows is the local waterfront pub.

I was up in Morro Bay over the weekend as the official driver for the Hearst Castle trip that my wife and daughter wanted to take. It wasn't exactly what I had planned for the weekend, but sometimes you just got to take one for the team. They did allow me to select the hotel we stayed at so I picked one with a nice spa and within walking distance of Virg's landing.

As I'm sitting in the pub watching Davis boat after Davis boat come in with sacks of rock I begin to daydream how nice it would be to have the boat and get in a little fishing myself. I could almost picture myself coming down the harbor with my own sack full when the wife snaps me out of my trance with a sharp elbow. "Hey isn't that your boat" she said. Sure enough it's one of the frat boy from the class of "81". The "Scampi" popped out of the mold 4 hulls before I did back in early "81". The owner who's name I can't remember "being it's been more than 12 hours since we talked" lives in the Visalia area and frequents the Morro bay area as well as Monterey. I mentioned the web site and club and told him we would live to get some first hand reports from the central cal boys.

I asked the wife for a 5 minute haul pass so I could go down to the ramp and see how fishing was. It looks like rockcoding is good with a nice mix of fish and a very short ride to the zone. On that day they fished just 2 1/2 miles out.

Mike

Last edited by NoSlack; 01-19-2019 at 01:47 PM.
    NoSlack-------------------------------------------<'(((>{

Thread Information