Thread: New Guy from Pt.Loma

Threaded View

Default New Guy from Pt.Loma

Hi, my name is Todd Mora. Born and raised in Pt.Loma, San Diego. I am 33 and been fishing the bay, kelp, islands and offshore San Diego for 20+ years.

My family owned a yellow hulled 20' Fish Machine for several years when I was younger. The boat was named the Longfin, I believe it was owned by Steve Blackman at one time. The boat was slipped at the La Playa Yacht Club in Pt.Loma by Southwestern Yacht Club. I caught my first Yellowtail at Pukey Point on her when I was 14 and learned the fine art of teak refinishing, Good Times.

I now fish out of a 19' Boston Whaler named the Lizardfish, my family has owned this boat for 5 years, several threshers, numerous tuna species, YT, Dorado, rockfish, lingcod, halibut and a ton of lobster have been landed by the Lizardfish, named after the most majestic sea creature and prized gamefish of the 7 seas!

My close family friends, the Gafa's, own a 32' Blackman named the Bite Me. The Bite Me is slipped in the Kona Kai marina on Shelter Island. We fish the big girl many times each summer for the albies and assorted offshore species. This May, I'm putting a thresher on it for them. The Bite Me has a refrigerated fish hold that will freeze the tunas solid. We have filled that thing up on more than one occasion. Mike Gafa Sr. is the owner.

I am currently in the process of entering law school in San Diego, starting in the Fall of this year. My sole intention of practicing law is a 26' Outerbanks. I will name her NEKTON and she will be the envy of all men. Just kidding, but we all have to have dreams, right. Google Nekton, if you don't know what it means. You'll like it!

Soo that is me, I started fishing on a Blackman, I fish on a Blackman, and I will own my own Blackman soon, maybe 5 years!

I recognize a few of you from another site, Bloodydecks, were I go by sdfishkiller. I have been a die hard Blackman fan since a young man and look forward to owning my Outerbanks someday.

Todd Mora
    Last edited by NEKTON; 02-24-2009 at 09:28 AM.

Thread Information