Thread: Anybody have plans for finding Tuna?

Threaded View

Default Anybody have plans for finding Tuna?

I have been monitoring Bloodydecks and looks like slim pickings around the 425 and mostly the 371 showing some Albies, Dorado and yellowfin. I guess I have been thinking about going soon, but putting together the info that I have been reading. Weather is up, water is warm, surprised to see the Albie and Bluefin are still around. Fish usualy travel north west, SSOOO. Is there anybody fishing out West yet? Are the fish out by cortez bank? Or will they show up around the 302 or 182/181 next? People keep saying wait another few weeks or August will show fish. I have not fished Tuna localy over the years like some of the guys on this site, so I have to go with what I read. This site has not discussed much lately. Anybody going on any fishing trips in the next few weeks? A friend asked me to take him to San Clemente and have another boat go along. I never have been there and I am not familiar where to fish and anchor up. I think the WSB bite is over from what I have read. I burned about 100 gallons of fuel on my last trip to the Hidden bank and came back somewhat frustrated. I guess I am bored and want to go out soon. Where can I find out if there are any storms down south that will effect local weather? I heard the weather is up locally due to a storm around the cape. Good fishing to all of you guys. Just trying to break the silence on this site.
    Last edited by Al Gagnon; 07-19-2009 at 02:24 PM.

Thread Information